Saturday, March 10, 2012

So, what do you do for fun?

I've always hated this question, because I can't just say what I actually do for fun. People who ask me this expect a normal answer, like "skiing," or "flying kites," or "sewing and knitting," or "shooting up heroin." But I don't like any of these things.

Until recently, an honest answer would have been, "I like to waste my entire day on the Internet." I still have an Internet addiction, but it doesn't give me pleasure anymore. I just get on the Internet because it's what I'm used to doing. And that disgusts me.

Why can't I go outside, clean, do dishes, play with my dogs, or hang out with friends instead? Well, I'll just get to the end of this Pinterest page, and then I'll get off and do the dishes. If procrastination was a disease, mine might be fatal.

But, don't worry - I haven't died yet. A couple weeks ago, I got tired of my dogs staring at me all the time. I could tell they were bored with just the mediocre walks I was giving them.
I hate you. I'm staying in bed for the rest of my life.
So, although it was cold outside, I put their leashes on and we went to the dog park. For the first time ever.
I made a promise to myself and my dogs that we would go every other day for the entire day, but now we go every day. It's kind of sad, really... I have a dog park addiction. I go to dog parks for fun.
I stopped caring about photo quality after creek water was splashed into my mouth.
It's not like it's a bad thing. We don't have a car, so we walk two miles just getting there and back. And it is GLORIOUS. I've only been doing this for a few weeks, and already I've made friends. It's so backwards, making friends there: you learn their dog's name first, and then you learn the owner's name. If you're lucky enough, that is.
Plus, my dogs love it. Almost as much as I do.
This is more of a warning than anything, dear pretend reader. You'll be seeing me talk about dog parks more than any normal person ever should... that's what you get for asking me what I do for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment