Monday, April 9, 2012

I'm sure this happened to everyone

So I just watched Titanic. Okay... and? 


And I have never seen it before. Well - I had. In elementary school. At a sleepover. And all I could remember was the part where Rose & Jack run through the halls while they flooded.
Obviously, this was more important than anything else. 
But this time, instead of being 9 years old, I'm 18 years old. And, of course, this is what made an impression on me most this time:
I'm sure Morris would drop me
I've been on a large ship before, also when I was young. My dad was rich, and we took a cruise from Vancouver to Alaska. I thought it was awesome. I wanted to live there, despite the dead seals floating past on occasion and the weird bread sculptures. Seriously, who looks at a lizard and thinks, "I'm going to shape a loaf of bread to look like this"? People on cruise ships. That's who.
I did my fair share of hanging on the railing, watching the sea go by. But I was young. I don't remember much of it. And even though I'm afraid of deep water, I suddenly find myself wanting to live on that ship again, if only for a few nights... as long as Leonardo DiCaprio is there.
Oh... hello.
This is what made me think: the realization that I've never been in love like that before. Most likely because I'm eighteen - but then, what am I doing? Don't I deserve something like that? I do. I totally do. Every single one of you women who saw this movie probably thought something similar afterwards.

I can't write about this right now. Maybe sometime else.
Here's a hurried closing to my half-finished thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment